Testing & Lab Services
When building any cleaning system, we start with the question “How clean is clean?” Each customer has unique cleaning requirements for their application and our in-house laboratory and testing center allows us to hit those specs every time.
Testing the Process
Our in-house testing center allows us to test process requirements and determine what is best for your application.
- Experiment with various chemistries to remove contaminants/oil from parts
- Attempt to provide the most benign process
- Attempt to provide the lowest cost solution
- Experiment with equipment to verify required spray pressures, liquid temperatures, dry-off temperature and dry-off air volume to ensure proper equipment design
- Testing is performed on the floor with actual test equipment
Testing the Part
After we build your machine we can test the parts to make sure they meet your cleanliness specification.
- There are a variety of testing procedures at our disposal
- Test procedures are dictated by the contaminant being tested for or by the unit of measure used
- Millipore particulate size test; measures maximum particle size on the part
- Expressed in microns (1 micron =.000039”)
- Documented for future reference
- Pictures taken of particulate and sent to client
- Can develop the cleanliness specification for customer
- Can determine proper part handling and fixturing